DETAILS OF THE NEW SUDBURY FIXTURE
DATE: FRIDAY 25TH MAY
RACE HEADQUARTERS: Great Cornard Sports Centre – Please car share where possible
COURSE: The race will start by Great Cornard Sport Centre before heading out onto a predominantly road based course, ending with a grass finish back at the Sports Centre. The course is still awaiting official measurement.
START TIMES: The Junior race will start at 7.00pm and the 5 mile race will start at 7.30pm.
MAIN RACE AGE CATEGORIES AND PRIZES:
- First 3 male and first 3 female finishers overall
- 1st U20F, FV35, FV40, FV45, FV50, FV55, FV60, FV65
- 1st U20M, MV40, MV45, MV50, MV55, MV60, MV65, MV70.
(Runners are eligible to win more than 1 where applicable)
- Also First Male and Female teams (first 3 to score).
JUNIOR RACE PRIZES.
- 1st Boy and Girl U9, U11, U13 and U15.
MEMENTO: There will be a memento for all finishers in the Friday 5 and Junior Races
FACILITIES: Showers and changing facilities, toilets and car parking together with a Hot / Cold drinks and a cake stall where the takings will be going to charity – unattended bag storage also.
ENTRIES: Entries for the Friday 5 are online. Entries for the Junior races will be on the night.
We are very pleased to announce that East of England Co-op will once again be sponsoring the Friday 5 Series this year. Their continued support will be invaluable as we strive to make the series bigger and better than it already is.
Entries for all 6 races are now open on the racesonline website
Entries for all 6 races will open on 1st January
Rules updated for the 2018 series
Dates for the 2018 Friday 5 series are now on the fixtures page. We are very pleased to announce a new event hosted by Sudbury Joggers! Entries will open later in the year.
Most of the series t-shirts have been collected now but we do have some left. If you know that you were eligible for a t-shirt (i.e., you ran in at least 4 races) but haven’t received one please email Robin Belsom and he will get it to you. Robin’s email address is email@example.com
Dear Friday 5 competitor
Thank you for taking part in this year’s Friday 5 Series, we really hope you enjoyed it. The organising committee have already met to start preparations for next year’s series, and we’d like to hear any suggestions you may have.
Following feedback received over the course of this year’s events we’ve already agreed the following changes:
- The Senior category will be replaced with an Open category. All runners will accrue points based on where they finish in the Open category, resulting in an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd male/female for the whole series. All other age categories will remain the same. This brings the age categories for the series into alignment with those used in the individual races.
- Trophies will be presented to the first three placed runners in each category.
- Runners who are eligible for awards in the Open category and an age category will receive both awards.
- Although everyone liked the idea of having a T-Shirt as the series memento, the logistics of organising T-Shirts in all the right sizes has proved impractical, so this will revert to being a medal in 2018.
- The 2018 series will consist of 6 races. The final score will be based on the best 4 out of 6 races, giving runners the option of skipping 2 races if they don’t want to do too many races in such a short time period.
- Runners will need to complete 4 races (not just enter 4 races) in order to receive the series medal.
If you have any other suggestions for how the series could be improved please use the following link to let us know.
We look forward to seeing you in 2018.
(on behalf of the Friday 5 Series organising committee)
Series scores after Race 5 are now on the results page
Series scores after Race 4 are now on the results page
Series scores after Race 3 are now on the results page
The series rules have been updated to clarify the rules regarding age categories used in the individual races and the series as a whole.
Preliminary results from the Stowmarket Friday 5 are now online. Runners have until Tuesday 13th June to notify the race organisers of any errors. The results will be considered final after that point.
Series scores after Race 1 are now on the results page
Preliminary results from the Mike Todd Kirton 5 Miles are now online. Runners have until Tuesday 6th June to notify the race organisers of any errors. The results will be considered final after that point.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM IPSWICH JAFFA RUNNING CLUB – Wednesday 10 May 2017
It is with regret that we must announce the cancellation of our Friday 5 fixture scheduled to take place on Friday 26th May 2017. We have not been able to satisfactorily meet the health and safety requirements to stage the event on the planned date. We have not taken this decision lightly but the safety of those participating is our primary concern. Full refunds will be provided to those who have entered.
The series rules will now revert to those applied in previous years in that you will need to complete 4 of the 5 events to qualify for the series memento.
Please accept our sincere apologies.
Alison Beech (Chair), Hannah Wood (Vice-Chair)
Ipswich Jaffa Running Club