Most of the series t-shirts have been collected now but we do have some left. If you know that you were eligible for a t-shirt (i.e., you ran in at least 4 races) but haven’t received one please email Robin Belsom and he will get it to you. Robin’s email address is email@example.com
Dear Friday 5 competitor
Thank you for taking part in this year’s Friday 5 Series, we really hope you enjoyed it. The organising committee have already met to start preparations for next year’s series, and we’d like to hear any suggestions you may have.
Following feedback received over the course of this year’s events we’ve already agreed the following changes:
- The Senior category will be replaced with an Open category. All runners will accrue points based on where they finish in the Open category, resulting in an overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd male/female for the whole series. All other age categories will remain the same. This brings the age categories for the series into alignment with those used in the individual races.
- Trophies will be presented to the first three placed runners in each category.
- Runners who are eligible for awards in the Open category and an age category will receive both awards.
- Although everyone liked the idea of having a T-Shirt as the series memento, the logistics of organising T-Shirts in all the right sizes has proved impractical, so this will revert to being a medal in 2018.
- The 2018 series will consist of 6 races. The final score will be based on the best 4 out of 6 races, giving runners the option of skipping 2 races if they don’t want to do too many races in such a short time period.
- Runners will need to complete 4 races (not just enter 4 races) in order to receive the series medal.
If you have any other suggestions for how the series could be improved please use the following link to let us know.
We look forward to seeing you in 2018.
(on behalf of the Friday 5 Series organising committee)
Series scores after Race 5 are now on the results page
Series scores after Race 4 are now on the results page
Series scores after Race 3 are now on the results page
The series rules have been updated to clarify the rules regarding age categories used in the individual races and the series as a whole.
Preliminary results from the Stowmarket Friday 5 are now online. Runners have until Tuesday 13th June to notify the race organisers of any errors. The results will be considered final after that point.
Series scores after Race 1 are now on the results page
Preliminary results from the Mike Todd Kirton 5 Miles are now online. Runners have until Tuesday 6th June to notify the race organisers of any errors. The results will be considered final after that point.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM IPSWICH JAFFA RUNNING CLUB – Wednesday 10 May 2017
It is with regret that we must announce the cancellation of our Friday 5 fixture scheduled to take place on Friday 26th May 2017. We have not been able to satisfactorily meet the health and safety requirements to stage the event on the planned date. We have not taken this decision lightly but the safety of those participating is our primary concern. Full refunds will be provided to those who have entered.
The series rules will now revert to those applied in previous years in that you will need to complete 4 of the 5 events to qualify for the series memento.
Please accept our sincere apologies.
Alison Beech (Chair), Hannah Wood (Vice-Chair)
Ipswich Jaffa Running Club